Web Developer Intern
As Bonsai’s Web Developer Intern, you will be supporting our Lead Developer in planning, executing, designing, and maintaining client websites.
Still honing your skills? Not a development expert? Don’t worry - we’ve got you covered with one-on-one training!
What to expect
Hours: at least 20 hours per week
Office: none - #wfh
Length: at least 90 days
- Code digital marketing properties and assets using multiple tools and methods: websites, blogs, landing pages, marketing pages, etc.
- Convert design mockups with specifications into functional web pages and reusable templates.
- Use a broad set of technology tools: HTML, CSS, SCSS, Js, React, Angular, .Net, Php, Git, Umbraco, and WordPress to create web-based solutions.
- Work with your team to understand business opportunities and problems, clearly define solutions, and provide detailed deliverables within
- Agile/Scrum system constraints.
- Develop partnerships with marketing and sales teams to understand various client business needs.
- Perform website updates on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Assist in the coding and testing of technical solutions.
- Estimate time for coding on given projects.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in computer science (CS), engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with programming languages and knowledge of web development & browser technologies.
- Strong understanding of developing websites, web standards, and visual web design.
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies well and fast and passion for learning.
- Self-starter who is eager to learn, take project ownership, and collaborate with team members.
- Know their stuff when working in Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Knowledge of the digital marketing landscape is a plus (SEO, analytics, online advertising, etc.).
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] using the position title as the subject. Include any items that showcase your prior experience, including links to your LinkedIn profile, past projects, or personal website. As well as answers to the questions below.
Desired length of internship? Currently in school? Graduation year? How long have you lived in the Seattle area? What are your favorite things to do in the Seattle area? Will this be for school credit?