As Bonsai’s Web Developer Intern, you will be supporting our Lead Developer in planning, executing, designing, and maintaining client websites.
Still honing your skills? Not a development expert? Don’t worry - we’ve got you covered with one-on-one training!
What to expect
Hours: at least 20 hours per week
Office: none - #wfh
Length: at least 90 days
- Code digital marketing properties and assets using multiple tools and methods: websites, blogs, landing pages, marketing pages, etc.
- Convert design mockups with specifications into functional web pages and reusable templates.
- Use a broad set of technology tools: HTML, CSS, SCSS, Js, React, Angular, .Net, Php, Git, Umbraco, and WordPress to create web-based solutions.
- Work with your team to understand business opportunities and problems, clearly define solutions, and provide detailed deliverables within
- Agile/Scrum system constraints.
- Develop partnerships with marketing and sales teams to understand various client business needs.
- Perform website updates on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Assist in the coding and testing of technical solutions.
- Estimate time for coding on given projects.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in computer science (CS), engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with programming languages and knowledge of web development & browser technologies.
- Strong understanding of developing websites, web standards, and visual web design.
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies well and fast and passion for learning.
- Self-starter who is eager to learn, take project ownership, and collaborate with team members.
- Know their stuff when working in Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Knowledge of the digital marketing landscape is a plus (SEO, analytics, online advertising, etc.).