As Bonsai’s Marketing Communications Intern, you will work alongside our Marketing Manager to implement marketing strategies aimed at building brand awareness and generating new leads.
This position will be involved in regular content creation including company blogs, social media campaigns, email outreach, and marketing materials. You should be creative, adaptable, and analytical with excellent writing skills and a unique voice.
What to expect
- Hours: at least 20 hours per week
- Office: at least 2x a week
- Length: at least 90 days
Social Media Management / Bonsai Blog (60%)
- Manage Bonsai’s web presence on social media channels.
- Design and implement a social media strategy and original campaigns.
- Help create and maintain monthly editorial calendars.
- Create high-quality original written and visual content.
- Monitor company brand and build brand awareness on social media.
- Write blog posts (2x/week), ensuring company tone, voice, and style.
- Generate, research, and pitch ideas for blog posts; stay current on industry trends.
- Analyze monthly social and blog performance and present to the team.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
Marketing Support (40%)
- Assist with the creation of Bonsai’s newsletter and various client communications.
- Create marketing materials such as white papers, case studies, and presentations.
- Perform regular review/testimonial outreach with current and past clients.
- Regularly seek out and submit for relevant awards and speaking engagements.
- Assist with the development of Bonsai’s community efforts; organizing regular volunteer opportunities.
- Provide administrative support to the marketing and sales team.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, English, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing, social media marketing, and content marketing.
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills; possesses a unique voice.
- Very organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong understanding and target audience and industry trends.
- Experience developing content and managing social properties in a corporate environment.
- Experience leveraging social media management and analytics tools, with platforms such as HootSuite and Buffer.
- Demonstrable experience with writing, editing, and crafting content for the social media space.
- Demonstrable experience photography and/or graphic design software (Photoshop) is a plus.
- Self-starter who wants to dive in and own their projects while also collaborating with team members.
- Know their stuff when working in Google Apps (docs, sheets, slides).